To maintain a good performance of your Search, you should perform updates on all cores added to the KanBo Search. This is an instruction for updating a core for KanBo 2.7.
Contact us at email@example.com to receive the most recent Search core package.
Before updating a tenant in the KanBo Search, please make sure that you have the most recent version of KanBo deployed (in any installation model). Contact us to get the newest KanBo version package and if you don't have the most recent version, please perform the whole update procedure.
1. Enter your Virtual Machine where SOLR is deployed.
Go to your local drive (f.ex. C).. Create a new, empty folder here, named "Backups".
2. Find the places where all SOLR files are stored. In our case C:\Solr\solr . Copy the core you would like to update
3. Paste the copied core in the Backups folder on your local drive (f.ex. C).
4. Go to Services->KanBoSearchService->Stop.
5. Go back to folder where all cores are stored (C:\Solr\solr in our case).
Enter the core you'd like to update and delete all files from it.
6.Prepare the Core Template. Please copy it from your local drive and paste it into the opened folder.
7. Now extract it's files in the same location. When it's extracted, delete the .zip file.
8. Open core.properties file in the text editor. Change "testcore" to name of Content database. Save these changes.
9. Prepare a connection string to your Content database. You can copy these values from your core's backup in the Backup folder.
Please take the new conf file which is a new core of the KanBo Search. Add it into your core's folder.
Start editing the db-data-config.xml. You can also copy and paste these values from your core's backup file in the Backup folder.
You need to fill one section of your configuration.
Change the URL to a connection string your database
Save these values.
10. Download the KanBoDocumentsSource.zip and move it to your server. The file needs to be extracted.
11. Go to your Search Location. Enter the Solr folder.
12. Now enter the libs folder.
13. Backup the old KanBoDocumentsSource.jar file locally on your server. Replace it with new KanBoDocumentsSource.jar file from the .zip folder you have downloaded.
14. Start SOLR (Services->KanBoSearchService->Start)
15. Enter your Internet browser. Paste there a following URL, adding a solrPort number you already entered.
16. Select your freshly added core in the Core Selector and enter it. Then, click on Data import.
Select "Auto-refresh status" and click on Execute button.
Step 17. You will see your Indexing being completed in a couple of seconds.
Also please go to Logging section to see if any errors appear.
Read also about:
Customer support service by UserEcho