If your organization performs type of work that involves sharing documents or collaborating directly with vendors, clients or customers, then you might want to use the external sharing features of KanBo. It wil create a possibility for you to share content with people outside your organization, who do not have licenses for your Microsoft Office 365 subscription.
Note that in this case a KanBo license is consumed for external user.
You need to be a Site Owner or have full control permissions to share a site with external users.
You can invite external users from different companies that use Office 365 or users with Windows Live ID.
In order to share KanBo with external users your SharePoint Site Collection has to have external sharing feature turned on. If you are not sure about this setup please follow article https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-external-sharing-for-your-SharePoint-Online-environment-c8a462eb-0723-4b0b-8d0a-70feafe4be85.
Sharing KanBo with external users
When you share a site with external users, you send them an invitation that they can use to log into your site. You can send these invitations to any email address. When the recipient accepts the invitation, they can log in using either a Microsoft account or a work or school account. When you share a site, you can select the type of permissions you want that person to have on the site.
1. Enter a SharePoint site where your KanBo is installed. At the top of the page, click on the settings gear and select Site settings.
2. Now navigate to Site permissions.
3. Enter one of groups – best option for that is Visitors group.
4. Select New.
5. Type email address of person you would like to invite. When you type email address of Office 365 user from the other company, you will see corresponding information. Click Share.
6. You can track innovation process in Access requests and invitations section of Site settings.
7. Here you can also revoke invitation.
8. Now invited user will receive email with a confirmation link. Once he/she accepts it, you will see a status change. This person will be added to Team Site Visitors.
9. Once invitation is accepted and user has visited your SharePoint site for the first time, you can go to KanBo and add user to Users section on the landing page and then add he/she to KanBo boards.
In default option, any invitations you send to external users expires in 90 days. If an invitee wouldn't accept the invitation within 90 days, and you still want that person to have access to your site, you’ll have to send a new invitation.
When the external users receive their invitations, they can select a button that takes them to a page where they sign into your SharePoint Online site by using a Microsoft account or a work or school account. If users don’t have at least a Microsoft account, they can sign up for a free Microsoft account.
NOTE: External Users means users that are not either your or your affiliates’ employees, or your or your affiliates’ onsite contractors or onsite agents.
Customer support service by UserEcho