1. Downloading the deplyment tool from LINK
2. Unziping the deployment tool and moving it to a specified location on the server.
3. Making backups of KanBo package and databases.
See the manual for backup for:
Navigate to Microsoft SQL Management Studio and backup every database that contains “KanBo” in the name.
II Migration and update procedure
To migrate your KanBo environment, you would need to use the following PowerShell script, executed by one line each time. Every step will be explained above.
mkdir \YourFolderName cd \YourFolderName (New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile("https://files.kanboserver.com:8443/KanBoNightly.zip", "$(pwd)\web.zip") new-alias kanbo c:\DeploymentToolPath\kanbo kanbo migrate-config C:\inetpub\YourFolderName\web.config kanbo set-package-zip web.zip kanbo set-publish-iis https://YourKanBoAddress.com kanbo set-url https://YourKanBoAddress.com kanbo clear-license-key kanbo generate-setup-auth -m file kanbo publish kanbo update-database kanbo get-id kanbo set-license-key kanbo remove-setup-auth kanbo publish kanbo migrate-profiles-db kanbo migrate-database-links --from=https://YourOldAddress/intranet/1 --to=https://YourNewAddress/
Open PowerShell by running it as administrator.
Open your KanBo folder location by using
Change the path to your Deployment Tool local path and the following script to connect to the Deployment tool.
new-alias kanbo c:\DeploymentToolPath\kanbo
Migrate configuration of your KanBo web.config by filling in the address of Kanbo folder and executing the following script:
kanbo migrate-config C:\inetpub\YourFolderName\web.config
Now use the following script to set new KanBo package.
kanbo set-package-zip web.zip
Now publish the new package to the IIS folder. Apply your KanBo addres using https:// at the beginning.
kanbo set-publish-iis https://YourKanBoAddress.com
Set the new KanBo URL by changing the address to your own and executing:
kanbo set-url https://YourKanBoAddress.com
The following script will clear the license key so you will be able to add a valid one later.
Use the following script to generate a setup authentication key
kanbo generate-setup-auth -m file
Use the following script to publish new KanBo package to your KanBo folder and make a backup of this package as well.
IMPORTANT! Make sure you have a backup of your databases before performing this step.
Use the following script to update the databases.
Use the following script to get your KanBo ID.
Once the ID is generated, please send it to us at email@example.com. We will generate a licence for you out of KanBo ID and send you the license key.
Change XXXXXXXX for your license key and execute the following script.
kanbo set-license-key XXXXXXXX
Remove the setp authentication by using this script
Use the following script to publish all changes.
You should also migrate the Profiles database to keep the user's avatars and profile settings. Use the following script:
You should also migrate all links to make sure all internal links in your KanBo will point to the new address.
kanbo migrate-database-links --from=https://YourOldAddress/intranet/1 --to=https://YourNewAddress/
Launch also these scripts to get rid of the # sign in the address.
kanbo migrate-database-links -from="YourOldAddress" -to="YourOldAddress" -migrate-old
Your KanBo is now migrated and updated to the newest version.
1. After the successful migration, go to the KanBo Site location (KanBo site folder like wwwroot in inetpub foler). You will see there a .trash folder.
It contains backup of the old KanboPackage as well as the copy of a new package. It might also contain more information if the migration was unsuccessful.
Once you can confirm that KanBo works, you can delete this folder.
2. On the C disc you should see a folder with the same name as the KanBo site folder, which you just migrated and updated. It contains a deployment file containing all important information about your environment. You can simply move this folder to the folder where deployment tool is located (example:C:\deploy).
3. Once it is confirmed that KanBo works fine, delete the Instances and Profiles databases which are no longer needed. All information from them will be now located in the existing KanBo Content database.
4. As a last step, enter you KanBo and repair Document Sources by using this guide.
Contact us anytime with questions or remarks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer support service by UserEcho