Import Trello Boards to KanBo

If your organization uses Trello and migrates to Office 365, you can take advantage and import all Trello data to KanBo.

By use of a few clicks, the whole Trello Boards' structure will be transferred into KanBo Boards and Cards.

Data import is lossless and complex as every element of Trello Board and Card is transferred directly into a corresponding place in KanBo. All elements of a card will be transferred: Labels, Documents, Users, Comments, Todo items with status, Due Dates, etc.

A Board in Trello is imported into KanBo with all its structure saved.

Configuration

1. Contact KanBo Support (support@kanbozone.com) for special files needed for this component.

2. Open Extensions folder of KanBo directory and copy:

- KanBo.Templates folder,

- KanBo.TrelloImportPlugin folder,

- KanBo.Templates.dll and KanBo.TrelloImportPlugin.dll there.

3. In KanBo web.config, add and adjust the following entries in <plugins> section.

<plugin alias="trello-import-plugin" name="trello-import-plugin" />

<plugin alias="templates-plugin" name="templates-plugin" />

4. Open bin folder of KanBo directory and move 2 files there: TrelloNet.dll and RestSharp.dll.

5. Restart your KanBo.

Authorize the component

1. Go to https://{kanboAddr}/plugins/trello-import - adjust the address of your KanBo in the link.

2. Obtain the trello token.

3. Allow our component to use your Trello account.

4. Copy the token.

5. Paste it in the corresponding field.

Create user's mapping and choose boards to import

You can use mappings to map Trello users with existing KanBo users.

1. Use this file to create mappings. In the first column, add Trello login names, in second add KanBo Profile Keys matching your users . 

ExemplaryKanBoUsersMapping.csv

TIP! You can get the ProfileKeys from KanBo database -> dbo.Users or create them yourself. Here's a tip on how they are constructed.

In KanBo installed on-premise, Profile key is constructed like this:

i:0#.w|Domain\UserName (example: i:0#.w|CONTOSO\ANewman)

In KanBo installed in cloud scenario, Profile key is constructed like this:

i:0#.f|membership|email (example: i:0#.f|membership|mclear@kanboshowroom.onmicrosoft.com)

2. Upload the user mapping into the Importer.

3. Select Load Trello Boards.

4. Choose board you want to import.

5. When selected, generate a template.

Import the Trello Board into KanBo

1. Go to https:/KanBoAddress/plugins/templates/uploadTemplate.html (adjust the address first) and start uploading the template you generated in the previous step.

2. You will see the information that the board is being created and if it's created.

3. While it's completed, go into your KanBo and add this board to your Desk.

4. The import has been completed and your Trello Board is now in KanBo.

5. Elements and items from the Trello board will be imported as well: Comments, Todo items, documents.

Is this article helpful for you?