Adding cards to MyBoard

Adding a Card to MyBoard in Card

To connect card to MyBoard click on "Not in MyBoard" button on the top left side of a card.

Now your card will be added to the first list of your MyBoard. You can change that by clicking under "In MyBoard" and choosing the appropiate list.

Adding Card to MyBoard using Quick actions

There is an other way to attach a card to MyBoard - by using Quick Actions. Enter a Board's view. Click on pencil icon next to name of a Card you would like to add to MyBoard.

Click on button and select Add to MyBoard.

Once a card is added to your MyBoard, it will be indicated by icon  in Board's view.

Add all cards where you were assigned as person responsible or co-worker

You can add all Cards in which you are working to MyBoard by a single click of a mouse. This functionality will speed up filling your personal board. You can also specify if you wish to add cards in which you are a person responsible or a co-worker – or even both!  Go to MyBoard and select Add my cards button

Now you can select if you wish to add all cards to MyBoard where: - You are a person responsible, - You are a co-worker, - You can also select both options. As a next step, specify a target list which will be one to which all Cards will be added. Click on + Add cards from all boards to confirm this action. 

You can also add cards from a chosen board where you are responsible or co-worker.

Go to MyBoard and select Add my cards button. Now you can select a Board under Select boards to add cards from and click Add from selected boards button.

Rules for automatical adding cards to MyBoard

Now you can set rules for adding Cards to MyBoard. The special settings allow you to enable possibility of automatically adding cards where you are assigned a person responsible or a coworker. This functionality will enable auto-adding Cards to MyBoard only from the moment in which you enable it. 

Go to the settings in MyBoard  and select Cards adding rules

Now you can enable automatically adding Cards in which you are a person responsible or a co-worker. 

In the last field, select the target list which is a list to which all cards will be added. 
Now, every time when you get assigned to a Card as a person responsible or a co-worker, this card will be added to a chosen list in MyBoard. 

This article was helpful for 1 person. Is this article helpful for you?

+1

How can you add cards to your "My Board"?  We want to have a group board to add tasks associated to our project or larger tasks, and then the "My Board" to add personal tasks like set out of office or sent follow up to team, etc.  Is this possible?  Also, are there ways to set up rules to move your cards on your "My Board" if they are moved in a group board?  For example, is there a way to set up a rule to move a card to "complete" in the group board and also move to the "complete" column on my board?

Thanks!

+1

How can you add cards to your "My Board"?

As you can see in the above sections you can add Cards manually from time to time or set the rules that when become a card responsible or card coworker you the card will be automatically added to a list you specify.

We want to have a group board to add tasks associated to our project or larger tasks, and then the "My Board" to add personal tasks like set out of office or sent follow up to team, etc.  Is this possible?

Yes, this is already one of the major elements of KanBo but it will only work if you establish that way of creating, distributing and checking on completion as a good and well known practice inside of your working group/environment.

Also, are there ways to set up rules to move your cards on your "My Board" if they are moved in a group board?

What is a Group Board? What is the purpose of it? Normally you create boards for Projects, Departments or Processes. Cards inside of these boards represent tasks or sub-projects that can be represented by other boards with more detail or groups of sub cards . By the end of the day you will assign people and time frames for completion. By assigning people, you will implicitly add these cards to people's MyBoards, where they can plan they personal flow of work. The movements in MyBoards do not effect anything in the actual boards where the cards are coming from because the MyBoard is your personal view on work and priority.

For example, is there a way to set up a rule to move a card to "complete" in the group board and also move to the "complete" column on my board?

This is not always the case. Sometimes a card is finished in the context of your MyBoard but still incomplete in the context of the process or board – but for you the work is done. It might also be the case other way around where the card seems to be finished from the perspective of a board/project but you want to do something else with the card, and that is why in your MyBoard the card is still on the list like Next or “to be reviewed”. There are no rules to couple the movements inside of boards and MyBoard but…. We have plans for next year to introduce a personal assistant that can be thought to apply rules like you mentioned in your question so if something is marked as completed in a board it is even automatically removed from your MyBoard. But please, understand that you do not have to wait for it to start managing your personal work-stream today. The personal assistant will just make it perfect, but you must have a stream of work first before you automate anything. And you have to know the things beforehand if you want to automate them utilizing the personal assistant.

I think there might be some confusion on the difference between "my board" and a group board.  When I refer to the "my board" it is the board in the upper right hand corner.  When I refer to the group board it is related to a team board where we track our major tasks/projects.  Do you happen to have time to chat via phone?