Subcards are all cards which are related to any card as a Child. See more about Card relations here.
Visibility of subcards
You can see what are subcards of your card by entering the Relations section in a card.
All cards which are children are the subcards.
In Card, subcards are collected in Subcard groups so it's easier for you to manage them and see all important information.
The special meaning of The List/Status Role None
This role marks a card as NOT WORK RELATED. Cards that are not representing any work are treated in a special way by KanBo:
- the reminders do not fire
- the due dates are not shown in colors because they cannot be overdue (NOT WORK)
- they are not indicated by icons on the card fronts in Board View
Adding a subcard
You can add a Subcard in several ways:
In Card, go to Relation on the left menu panel, then select Add relation - Child.
Choose a card to become a subcard. Learn more about adding Card relations here.
Now click on Add relation.
2) Create a Subcard group and click +Add subcard on the right content panel.
Now there are 3 ways to select for a Card.
- search for the card - In field search for the card you can start typing a card's name to find it or simply paste here the full URL of a Card so it will be found automatically and then just press ADD.
- select existing card - You can also click on "Select existing card" to find a card through existing cards.
Board is by default is a current board. You can start typing any other board's name to find it or use a dropdown menu to choose.
Choose also a list and a card from this list.
- create a new card - add a new card to become a card related to this original card.
Specify where you would like to create this new card. In Board selection, by default, current board is chosen. You can start typing any other board's name to find it or use a dropdown menu to choose.
We have made an improvement also in the subcard group, while you are using the megapicker. When there is a card already added as a child, it won’t be shown again in the megapicker’s search results.
If you now add one card as a sub card and will look for it for the second time, the search won't show you any new results.
3) Convert a Todo list item into a subcard. Hover your cursor over an item and select button.
Now select Convert to subcard.
Tip: You can convert a to-do item into a subcard if you move a user by Drag&Drop into an item.
Tip: When you move a user (using Drag&Drop) into a subcard, he will become a person responsible or a co-worker (if for now there are no users responsible) in this subcard.
4) You can use Quick Actions on a card to add subcards.
To set Quick Actions, hover your cursor at the left corner of a Card and click a pencil icon. Now choose Add subcard button and use Megapicker to select a desired card.
Change order of sub card
You can change the position of subcards in a Subcard group by using Drag&Drop.
You can go to the Relations section and then hover over a chosen card relation. Now select
button and select Remove.
If you disconnect relations between the current Card and Subcard, this Subcard will disappear from the Subcard Group and relation will be removed.
You can delete Subcards also from Subcard group.
Hover your cursor over a chosen subcard, select
button and then Detach.\
Customer support service by UserEcho