You can also move Cards between Boards.
Moving a Card in a Board view
Moving Cards between Lists without leaving a Card.
Just behind the title of the Board where the card is in you see the name of the List the card is currently in. You can click on the name of the List and a menu with all available lists opens. Now you can choose to which list you would like to move the card without leaving it – it saves a lot of time and you can use it in a mobile browser.
Moving a Card between Boards
You can also move your Card between Boards without leaving your Card.
When you move a card between boards, the following actions will be performed to KanBo elements:
- when a person is added as responsible to card and this user is added to destination board, this user will have the same role after moving a card (will be still be responsible),
- If responsible user is present in destination board then for card cooworkers: if cooworker is present in destination board, then he will have the same role after moving a card. If co-worker is not present in destination board, he will be removed from the card and only responsible person (present in the board) will remain in the moved card,
- when label has the name name and color in the source and destination board, it will be moved to the destination board. If the label doesn't match this condition, it will be removed from card in the destination board.
- if a subcard is added to card, it will moved with a card,
- if there is asubcard group, it will be moved with a card,
- if there are documents in card, they will be added as new documents to the destination board
- if there are card dates in card, they will be moved to the destination board with this card,
- if card status was set to a card and it is not available in destination board, it won't be moved with a card. The default status of destination board will be set to a moved card.
In its view, click on Move button on the left sidebar of a Card.
Now you can select a Board (from the dropdown menu or start typing its name to search for it) and then a List in that Board you would like to move your Card to.
You can also use Quick Actions from the Board view to moving your card.
Advanced scenario - moving card which contains documents from custom Document libraries (Document Sources).
In this scenario, there are boards A and B. Board A contains a default Document Source and a custom one, added from another Site Collection. Board B contains a default Document Source and a custom one, added from another Site Collection which is chosen as default in this board.
There is a card C in board A, which contains 2 documents: one (1) from default Document Source and one (2) from the custom Document source. When you move card C into board B, only document 1 will be added to board B and document 2 will remain the same (it won't be added again or overwritten).
It's your move now! Get instant access to KanBo!
Customer support service by UserEcho